Normally, I set monthly goals. With my monthly goals, these are smaller goals I want to accomplish each month for personal and business.
This year, I’m creating bigger over goals for the year! I’ll still do my monthly goals too. I think it’s important to break them down anyway.
On top of creating my goals, I picked a theme this year. Normally I choose a word for my personal life and a word for my business life. This year the word is the same.
My 2018 Word Of The Year: Fun
Somehow along the way, I lost that carefree attitude. Now I don’t want all that carefreeness back, but I do want a sense of adventure and laughter and showing up with my kids.
Do you ever feel like you’re the “no” police?
No. I can’t do that.
No. You can’t do that (to my kids lol).
No. I’m too afraid.
No. What will they say?
I’m sick of the word no and I’m sick of being that person and parent that doesn’t have enough fun. So I’m committing myself to finding me again, finding the fun inside of me and helping my kids embrace and keep their “funness” and creativity.
And as far as fun in my business goes. I don’t feel like I’ve fully brought me into my business and it just hasn’t been fun or rewarding the last couple of years, so I’ll be spicing it up, being more goofy and really building a business around serving, laughing and getting shit done.
Alright, let’s jump into what my goals are for 2018!
2018 Goals For The Year
- Read 10 non-business & non-self help books. I’m really looking forward to spending more time with
- Workout a minimum of 3x a week. I workout at our local Y (and then I have a PIlates video membership for home). The cool thing with the Y is that they can tally up how many times you come each year. I got serious about working out and so just from Sept – Dec. 31st, I ended up going 53 times! My goal is 156 workouts this year!
- Try one new thing a month. I feel like I’ve been really complacent and I think getting myself out of my comfort zone each month will help me see things differently. I’m writing a list of 35 things I want to do before I turn 35 and I’m suspecting a lot of those will help me each month accomplish this!
- Take a 2-week road trip this summer. I already estimated the cost and my husband will be able to take the time off of work. By then we should have a new SUV so we won’t need to rent on and I think it will be such a great time!
- Read 3x a week with the kids. I don’t really care how many books we read, but I do care that I’m taking the time to read with them.
- One “family” adventure a month. An adventure can be a road trip, a slumber party, a vacation or something that gets us out of our comfort zone. This month we are doing Disney as a family and I know that will be a fantastic adventure to kickstart our new year!
- Take a vacation without the kids. Chad and I don’t really go on vacations. We have nights off here and there but the last time we went on a vacation together was in 2016 to Mexico and I long to do that again. It was so nice just “being.”
- Monthly date nights. I love being able to have nights off with my hubby. But I don’t just want to do dinner and movie date nights. That seems pretty stale to me. I want to get to know my husband again, so I want to do fun activities. Whether it’s doing an escape room, cooking class or going to see a comedian, I know that getting out of our comfort zone will be ah-mazing!
- Pay off all our CC debt. It’s around $5,000 and it’s totally doable for us! Once we do that, I’m actually going to take out a CC that has amazing offers (like miles or points) and then we will pay it off every month.
- Save $20,000 for a house down payment. Chad and I aren’t sure if we want to stay where we are move. But I’d love for us to put this money away so whenever we decide to buy/build, this won’t be an issue.
- Triple my revenue for my business this year. That will put the business revenue a little over 300k. This is a big one for me, but my OBM and I have put together a plan to get there and I’m really pumped for it!
- Create 3 new offers. This is so important to me. I think I’m going to do things a little bit differently because I feel like so many people are preaching high end items and while I will have those. I remember what it was like when I started in my business and working from home. I started making $9/hour. I didn’t want to take out CC Debt or add any extra stress on my family. So 2 of my 3 offers are going to be $100 – $200.
So those are my goals for 2018. I’m really excited for these goals. I didn’t want to focus on weight or something like that, but focus on adventures and how I want to feel.
Since I don’t remember having a lot of fun memories as a kid, I want to have some. We did things but not as much as I would have liked, so I’d love to create experiences for me, for my marriage and with our family.
I’d love to hear what your goals are for this year? Share them below!