Do you believe in the power of the moon? I know that I do!
And many others do too! There's a reason for that. The phases of the moon have an impact on our lives, and during a full moon, that impact is at its strongest. If you want to increase your productivity, wealth, and happiness, then performing rituals during a full moon can help!
In this article, we will discuss what full moon rituals are and how to do them correctly.
Honestly, I'm such a HUGE believer in rituals & habits, not just around full and new moons. I believe in them in my daily life, with being a mom and owning my own business. It definitely helps me to keep my nervous system regulated. It reduces the highs and the lows that come without having systems.
A full moon ritual really does help set the tone for you to hit your goals and release what no longer serves you.
Every month there is a new moon and a full moon, so this is something you can do every single month. It's what I do.
I've created a quick video (under 7 minutes) to share my full moon ritual with you.
But first, let's talk about what a full moon ritual is.
What Is A Full Moon Ritual?
A full moon ritual is a practice or set of actions that are performed during the full moon. The purpose of these rituals is to harness the power of the full moon to achieve specific goals. And to help you release any energy and/or negativity that you don't want to hold onto anymore.
For me, I look at the previous month and I see what blocks or sabotages came up and I look at how I can release that so I can hit the goals I'm working towards.
Then I journal around it with what I want to release and it helps so much before I get ready to start my ritual.
Full Moon Ritual
Here is what I do for my full moon ritual. If you're looking for an awesome New Years Ritual, you can take a peek at that HERE.
- I grab my writing paper, pen, pendulum, my crystals and anything else that makes me feel good.
- Depending on what’s around me I either turn on my diffuser with essential oils that make me feel good and/or I light candles.
- Take deep breaths, inhale through nose and exhale through the mouth. It's basically relaxing my body and mind. Most of all, it's about me clearing my head.
- Connect to the ground (if I’m doing it outside, I get conscious of my feet connected to the ground – bare feet if in the spring or summer) If i’m inside I place my feet on the ground or I sit on the ground and I put my hands on the ground and “connect.”
- I take a few minutes and write down things that are troubling me or things I’m doing that don’t feel aligned with me, habits that aren’t working for me, etc. For example, one thing I have is inconsistent content on my blog.
- Visualize each problem or bad habit as healed. So I'd visualize regular content being added to my blog and how it feels.
- Once I visualize them as healed, if I’m outside I’ll burn it in our fire pit as I forgive myself (or if its a person that's bugging me, forgive them and me too).
- Release it.
- If I’m inside, I’ll burn the page in the sink and release it.
- I then sage myself and our house to clear any “leftover energy.”
Breathing It In
Over the next few days after the full moon, I do my best to stay present with how I'm feeling, my thoughts and the action that I'm taking. If I find that I'm struggling, I'll place my feet on the ground and just take some deep breaths. I breath in any fear, anxiety, stress or whatever it is I'm going through and I breath out a deep sign and I release it all.
Sometimes I need to do that over and over again but it feels good once I let it out.
Share in the comments below, was this helpful? Do you have any rituals that you go through for full moons?
Stay tuned for my New Moon Ritual, that will be coming out soon!