A simple and delicious Smashed Potatoes Recipe loaded with bits of garlic, cheese, and bacon! Everyone will love this dish!
- 1 lb. potatoes – I used Gold but Red potatoes work wonderfully too
- 5 T. unsalted butter (may need a little more depending on how many potatoes), cut into small chunks – I cut my chunks into ½ tablespoon and then I cut the ½ tablespoon in half and put them on each potato
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese (or your cheese of preference – we used taco cheese on some and mozzarella on the others)
- 1 – 2 T. garlic powder
- 3 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bacon crumbles (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Boil a large pot of salted water and add potatoes. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain pot and set potatoes aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, place potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and mash with a potato masher until flat. Leave space between potatoes so they are not too close.
- Top each potato with butter and a sprinkle of your cheese.
- Sprinkle them with garlic powder and parsley.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and top with remaining cheese and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.