Note: Some links in this post are affiliate link. We'll be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Thank you. Read our disclosure + terms here.
This year is flying by and so are my chances for hitting my goals! Now that we’re in my son’s baseball season, I feel like I’ve really lost track of everything. I LOVE watching him play and in July my daughter’s dance season will start and I LOVE watching her play but if I don’t get my stuff together – it’s a mess.
But – I’m holding myself accountable and getting back on track especially with this mid-year check in. If I don’t track what I am (or am not) doing, I won’t see where I can improve or where I’m dropping the ball. You know what I mean?
With that said, I know you have goals for this year. I do too and I want to help you keep moving forward, so I’m going to share my goals with you. And also, give you some questions to be asking so that even IF you have let some things slide, you can get back on track.
Let’s take a peek at my goals and where I’m at so far this year.
Mid-Year Check In & Goals Review
I break down my goals into different buckets – personal, family, financial and business.
This allows me to see if I’m putting more focus into one area over others and it keeps it clean and more manageable for me.
Let’s dive in, my friend.
Lose 15% Body Fat – I’ve lost 3% body fat so far. I’m a bit behind but I have 100% confidence that I'll be hitting this goal. In Q1, we went on vacation and while on vacation I got influenza AND strep throat. I was one of the lucky ones.
Then I came home got super sick and ended up in the hospital. Sooo… my fitness & food goals went out the window, but I’m committed to it now. And I’m feeling MUCH better. I guess, out of all the goals, this is probably the most important.
Not because of the weight loss because of the self-discipline it will take for me to hit this goal. I’m also the example to my kids. Chad and I were watching a documentary on Netflix around health & wellness. It really hit home with us how we aren’t currently setting them up for success with food choices. We both realize it’s time to truly lead by example and teach them balance versus restrictions and real food versus all that processed crap that we’ve eaten.
Did you have a fitness/food goal for this year?
Read 12 Books – I'm doing pretty darn good with this goal, if I must say so myself. I have read 6 books so far – so I'm totally right on target with where I need to be.
The 6 Books I’ve read (or listened to) so far are:
- Breaking The Habit Of Being Yourself by Joe Dispenza – This has been the most TRANSFORMATIVE book for me. I loved listening to this book so much that I actually bought the Kindle Version so I could do some of the meditations that he talked about in the audio.
- Letting Go by David Hawkins – This book was almost as transformative at Breaking The Habit. This book is all about letting go what you can't control, showing up from a place of love and also being more compassionate. Even with the people you don't necessarily like or agree with it. It has me looking at people, situations and things
- Relentless – From Good To Great To Unstoppable by Tim Grover – This book isn’t for the faint of heart. It does have swearing in it, but it also speaks to the commonsenseness and the true grit we all have. It really is a powerful book and it takes us deep into what the top athletes realize and have done to create their success
- The Millionaire Master Plan: Your Personalized Path To Financial Success by Roger James Hamilton – This book was a reality check for where I am in my business and with my finances. It gives you so much extensive information on how to move forward and how you best work. It’s by far one of my favorite books I’ve listened to. Once I was done listening to the book I actually went to the website and started going through all the videos on there for my specific type. FYI – I’m a Blaze Genius and my hubby is a Temple Genius.. We could not be more opposite LOL.
- The Queens Code by Allison Armstrong – This book has changed me too! This was my 2nd or 3rd time reading it. I find myself learning so much more about myself, how I work with men and some unresolved issues I’ve worked with. I’m currently listening to her book, “Understanding Women.” It’s a live workshop she did, but it’s sooo good. I wish I would have found her before I went to college because I think so many of my relationships and friendships would have been so much more stronger.
- The Art Of Exceptional Living by Jim Rohn. I love this book. I listened to this one and it just has so much common sense and practical teaching. It wasn't that it was earth shattering info, I promise. It does remind you of the simple things you can do to create a better life. I HIGHLY recommend this book. I've even conned my hubby into listening to it on his drive to work and even he's impressed (that's no small feat LOL).
If you’re wondering what I use to listen to books, I use Audible. I’ve used it for 3 years and it’s amazing! I listen after I drop the kids off at school or if I’m feeling like taking a drive. Sometimes before bed I’ll listen too!
For me, reading is a joy. When my kids get home from school, they have to read. So over the last month, I actually took the time to read or listen to books while they were reading.
Be off technology by 5pm every day – This has NOT been perfect buttt I’ve been way more consistent with shutting down earlier. It has been really important for me to lead by example with my kids that family time is more important than client or work time.
I will continue to do my best and even if I’m doing it 70% or more – that’s way more than what I was doing last year and it is a win! Do you have technology free time so you’re more present with your fam?
Have at least one family fun night a month – Honestly, we’ve done this without us actually tracking it. We’ve had game nights, grill outs, movie nights and more. I'm pretty grateful we’ve been able to spend more time together as a family.
Take a couple’s trip with Chad – We have one planned in October to go to Vegas with friends. So this will be happening, just not yet. I’d love for us to get another trip as a couple somewhere too.
I feel like we let out relationship go because over the last 8 or 9 years we've focused on our kids. They are older now and I feel like we can get some more one on one time together.
Take the kids on 2 big vacations and 2 small weekend trips – One trip was done. We took the kids to Florida with friends in March and it was awesome. We stayed in Jensen Beach and then went to Homosassa. My hubby and kids got to swim with Manatees (I had strep & the flu) and we got to be with some of our closest friends.
We went with our friends – 3 other families and our boys play baseball together on their travel team. And our daughters are on dance teams together.
We might not get on another big trip this year as we want to put our house up for sale, but we will be able to get away on 2 smaller weekend trips.
My son’s birthday is in Sept and he’s really big into baseball (me and my hubby too) and our team is on the road in St. Louis. I'm wanting to head down there for a fun road trip and that will count as a small weekend trip. 🙂 However, he recently brought up his love for fishing, so we might rent a cabin and fish all weekend.
We don’t have any in the works yet.
Fully fund our emergency fund – Behind on this but we had some medical stuff pop up – me in the hospital (I’m totally fine now). This will be done – just towards the end of the year.
Increase credit score by 30 points – I’ve increased mine by 10 pts and Chad has by 5 pts. We are reviewing on Credit Karma and MyFico. Primarily MyFico though because that has the scores broken down and we can see what our mortgage score is. It’s a pretty cool tool. We spend about $40/month per person and we only use it while we are trying to see what we can be approved for.
I’ll cancel our membership once we close on a house or decide we’re going to build.
Create a printables/PDF Shopify store – I’ve not gotten this started yet. I’m going through a rebranding (thank the Lord). So before I create all the PDFs and then need to rebrand them again, I want to get the rebrand done first.
I’m putting together all the PDFs though so that they will be ready to go once we’re done 🙂
My ultimate goal with my PDF store is to use those funds for marketing to market my program once it’s ready.
Create a successful customer journey (sales funnel) – This is in the works. It’s almost ready to go 🙂 Woot woot! I’ll create a whole article on this so you can read about it.
Create 52 videos – I’ve not done a single video LOL. I’m really slacking in this area and one I plan on picking up over the next couple of weeks.
This is actually a priority over the next 3 months. I really want to grow my YouTube presence & I want to create more FB videos so I can connect with you.
Alright – that’s my mid-year check in! I’ve got some other things bubbling that I’ll share with you once I get them off the ground.
Overall, this has been a good year, especially for my personal and family life. That has been the MOST important part to me. Fortunately, I do have my income with Clients On Demand and with Amber McCue. It has allowed me to really take a step back and lead by example.
My kids are at an age where it’s more important to lead by example. We are doing our best to show them right from wrong, to lead with compassion, forgiveness and love. I can’t do that if I’m glued to work, so I’m totally fine with the growth right now.
Now let’s get into the questions you should be asking so that you don’t get to the end of the year and you’re still a snail back at the starting line. That just wouldn’t be fun.
Questions To Reset Your Year & Goals
Don't sit and dwell if you aren't where you want to be yet. We've all let life happen, but you can still turn things around. As you're going through your mid-year check in – these are some of the questions you want to ask yourself:
- What is your why? No matter what your goals are, you won't hit them until you have a big enough reason why.
- What is one step you can take within the next 7 days so that your life will look differently? Obviously, you'll want it to look different in a positive way. But this always helps me remember even baby steps will help move you forward.
- Have you reviewed your goals? Are you as far off as you thought you were?
One thing for me is remembering – no matter if I'm choosing to hit my goals or do nothing – it's still a choice I'm making. If you're deciding not to move forward, you're making that conscious decision of staying where you are. For some, where you are might be A-Okay but it doesn't mean you can't get to great.
Something Jim Rohn taught me is to be content and grateful for what I have, which I really am. He also said to always strive to be better, nicer & more productive too. It doesn't mean that I don't love my life, it just means to keep trying and doing better. And that isn't something I want to teach my kids.
I would absolutely love for you to write out what you're grateful for with the first half of the year. Feel into it, let it sink in and then dive into the questions above. I'd love for you to share your breakthroughs with me!