Can you believe how fast time is going? I can’t. I feel like it was just yesterday that we were celebrating the new year with our family and enjoying the down time. Ever since, it’s been a whirlwind of getting crap done and barely breathing. If you can relate, know you’re not alone. If you can’t, that’s okay too. Life happens differently for others.
I’m “watching” a Hallmark movie while writing this and I’m feeling extra gratitude. We got some AH-mazing news about my mom’s health – woot woot! And I’ve been sitting still more. I’ve let myself not fill my time with ALL the things. That has helped me get clearer on what I want to do and who I want to be.
Quarter 2 of 2021 was okay. I really wish I had documented more of what I wanted to accomplish but at the beginning of Q2, my dad had a stroke. And with that, I feel like I spiraled a bit and let things go a bit. Grace, I’m giving myself grace and lots of chocolate.
So now we’re going to dive into Quarter three goals and what I want to accomplish from now until September.
With that said, from now until September for the kids, we have 4 baseball and/or softball tournaments, their regular games. And my hubby has a 20 year class reunion. While writing this, I also remember Cam (my 11 year old son) is going to test out tackle football. I really hope he HATES it. But according to him, I’m the most supportive mom out there, ha.
But what Cam doesn’t know is that I really want him to stick to baseball and basketball. Those “feel” much safer to me. Although my husband said, “Wait until he gets an 80 mph fastball in the face.” Gee, thanks for the visual babe.
Anyway, let’s get back to it. I really want to focus this month in July, because this is going to set the tone for the rest of my year. And what I do now, will create the domino effect.
You know, it’s true for you too, right?
What you do now, will start the dominos falling. What is something you want to have done by next week, next year, next month? Journal and write it out 🙂
Q3 Business & Life Goals
So, one of the ways I am changing up how I do goals is writing them as if they have already happened. I’ve been doing a TON of research as I’m going through my coaching certification program and what I found out was interesting.
Our brains cannot tell the difference between reality and imaginary. So when I say (and repeat) my goals as if they are already done, I’m tricking myself into believing it to be true.
Of course, it has to be done consistently but I promise, you’re going to love the changes that you start to see.
Personal/ Life Goals
- I have reduced my body fat % from 36% down to 30%
- I’ve read/listened to 12 books and at least 3 of them weren’t motivational/business books. I just bought a non-business book called, “The Midnight Library.” My best friend, Julie recommended this book to read and it sounds wonderful. I’m about 50 pages in and it’s so good!
- I meditate for at least 10 minutes daily
- Create 3 recipes for my niche website – so incredibly excited for this!
- Stay fully up to date with my coaching certifications (Human Design & Tabwoo)
- Create weekly live videos. I’m not sure if it’s going to be on YouTube, IG or Facebook but I do know I need to up my social media game and presence.
Family Goals & Intentions
- Weekly game and/or movie night. As I write this, my daughter won tonight's game night. We played this game called Garbage and normally my daughter NEVER wins but she strutted her stuff and came out the winner this time. Everyone except me, was down to 1 or 2 cards. I was left with 5. Let’s not talk about it.
- Go on one family trip. I’m not sure where yet. In Q4, I plan on taking the kids to somewhere tropical (Bahamas, Aruba, Turks & Caicos) but we just aren’t sure yet. And it might be totally opposite of where I want to go. Both kids want to learn how to ski and snowboard, so Colorado might be in our future.
- Connect with each kid for 15 minute heart to hearts each week. Our kids are at this weird age and my son is really sad about losing friends that were like family. So I want to make sure they know they can talk to me and trust me. The are both “tweens” and so I’m sure they are also feeling all sorts of other emotions too. I remember how alone I felt at that age and like my parents didn’t get me, so I intend to do things a bit differently
And that’s it for me for this next quarter. With starting my new niche site, I know I’ll have to invest time there. I’m practicing under-extending myself so I can be present and show up for more things.
Now with my goals, I go through some questions to help me get clearer on what I want to accomplish.
Recently, I’ve started asking myself these questions:
- What do I want to feel & embody?
- What is going to push me to be a better person? One that I would be proud of and that my kids can look up to
- Is my business aligned for me and my clients? Am I leading by example?
- Who am I becoming with the results of the goals? I really have been thinking about this.
That last question really hits me. Most people think you need all the “things” in the world to make you happy, to make you grateful and to make life enjoyable. It’s 100% wrong. Who we become along this journey, is what’s most important.
Brendon Burchard is one of my favorite thought leaders and the questions he asked after he had an accident really hit home with me.
Did I live?
Did I love?
Do I matter?
Those are powerful questions! I think we forget to think about these things in our day to day lives because we are all so busy.
Really sit with it. Don’t try to rush through those questions. Don’t try to just let it go. Really sit and think about it.
I think this is a great place to end but I did want to share what I’m loving right now!
Things I’m loving:
- The Midnight Library – The book I’m reading is pretty darn good!
- My Renpho scale – I’ve been using this for a year and I’m in a fitness challenge right now. What I love about this, is that’s it’s not just for the weight I’ve lost, it’s for my body fat, my BMI, my visceral fat and so much more! I feel way more in control of my health seeing some of the data we don’t always see or get with the doctors.
- Chalk Markers – I’m using these on my bathroom mirror to write affirmations that I repeat to myself anytime I go in the bathroom to get ready for the day or just to use it. I will tell you, this has been a huge difference in my mindset and the type of energy I show up with.
Okay, I’ll be back soon to share what marketing strategy I’m working on for my business and what I”m doing to validate the offer before bringing it to life. Thanks for letting me share my business and life goals with you! I hope it sparked an idea. Or even some sort of action you want to take towards your own life goals!
How are your goals for this year going? Are you still on target? I'd love to support you! Post yours in the comments below!
Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Thank you. Read our disclosure + terms here.