This delectable comfort food will have you coming back bowl after bowl. It’s truly one of my favorite meals. I could eat this and NEVER get sick of it.
- 1 (30 oz.) bag frozen hash-brown potatoes (I used cubed because they are best for me – you can use the other ones but the texture might be softer)
- 2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 bag of frozen cut up peas & carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder (if you love garlic – add 2 tablespoons – it’s soo good)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, (more to taste)
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese (softened)
Optional Toppings: cheese, bacon, sliced green onions
- In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, chicken broth, soup, onion, bag of peas & carrots, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Your potatoes will start to fall apart when it’s ready.
- Add the cream cheese and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally, until combined. I’m a stirrer (word?) by nature – but make sure it’s gentle stirs.
- You can top with cheese, bacon, or sliced green onions/scallions if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: American
- Cuisine: Soup
Keywords: slow cooker creamy potato soup