I love writing, but ideas don't always come to me easily, especially for business. One of my passion projects is a mommy blog and I'm excited to jump more into that, somehow the ideas come easier to me over there than it does here. A client of mine asked me how I come up with ideas and I figured, I'd start regularly posting writing ideas that maybe could spark some blog posts topics for you too.
This doesn't mean that you need to take each idea an write about it, of course. It just means that hopefully it helps you come up with something that resonates and makes it a little easier for you.
One thing I do want to suggest with each blog that you write is to have a Call to Action at the end of each article encouraging your readers to sign up for something or check out a video or something that gets them to take an action. This is something I am working on too.
With that said, let's jump into some ideas and hopefully get you writing!
September Writing & Blogging Ideas
- Talk about how you manage your day
- Favorite blogs that you visit regularly
- A Book that changed your life
- Who your biz crush is right now
- Your favorite positive affirmations
- You could do a video or picture tour of your workspace. I'm really nosy and I love looking at the behind the scenes stuff. I know a lot of people do.
- What is the next big thing you want to accomplish (calling yourself out could create more of an accountability for you)
- Favorite season (now that fall is coming) and why that helps you in your business. When fall is here for me, I feel more business-y and cozy, it is like I hit my sweet spot. Don't ask why, I think its some subconscious thing that goes on with me that puts me into business overdrive.
- 3 daily practices you can't do without
- Tell your story – what made you decide to get into the specific business you're in
- Behind the scenes look at your business (where your time goes, how you create, etc)
- What's the #1 question you get asked and how you answer it (you can even add a call to action to get people to sign up for a strategy session with you)
- Your favorite Masterminds you've been a part of (if they have affiliate links, use them)
- A limiting belief you had and how you overcame it
- Top tools you use that helps your business run smoothly
And many more! Even if you wrote one a week and you loved all these, you now have 3.5 months worth of topics to start writing and exploring with.
Not only are most of these simple for you to write about, but it makes you appear more real and helps you start to build that relationship. It also touches them at the “heart” level versus the “sales” level.
Do you create a content plan? If so, leave a comment below sharing how you create yours!