I purposely didn’t set a whole lot of goals for this month because we are ALWAYS so busy in July.
And guess what?
We were still so freaken busy in July. I didn’t even hit my sleep goals… sleep goals, y’all!
I don’t think we had one weekend at home this month. We had a ton of stuff to do with the kids and we even managed a weekend in the Wisconsin Dells!
I’m wondering if I should add an income report every month too, at least for a few months so that you can see what I’m making and see what is possible for you?
Let me know what you think and if that would be helpful in the comments below!
Alright… I want to jump into July Review.
July Goals Review
- 2x HIIT Training – This didn’t get done. I don’t even have a good excuse.
- Manifesting Course – Yes! I’ve been doing this religiously and it feels good. I can feel my mindset shift 🙂
- Sleep – Interestingly enough, July was an especially stressful month and it’s been one of the least sleep months I’ve had in a really long time. So nope… this didn’t get done.
- Reading with the kids – We didn’t do as much reading as I would like, but we did read 🙂
- Review our finances – Didn’t get close to this.
- Date Night – Chad and I had a few date nights this month. We got really lucky!
- Videos – I think I did 2 videos last month. I really want to up my game! I’ve already done 3 in August.
- Email – Didn’t tap into, but I will be soon!
Let’s recap my feelings… I think I need to do goals differently for August because this doesn’t light me up like it used to.
I love striving to be better and showing you what I am wanting to accomplish, but I also want to feel more into my feminine power. I’m not quite sure how to get there yet, but as I figure it out, I’ll shape the monthly goals that way too!
2017 August Goals
So as I’m going through and I’m feeling into August, I really want to focus on how I want to feel before I even get into the goals.
I want to feel:
Basically, I want to feel like I don’t have kids. Just kidding… kind of. I will say that my kids have been a teacher to me this year. I’ve forgotten about how to have a playful attitude and they are giving me that again. My daughter’s favorite thing is to hide and when I come walking out to jump out in front of me and scare me.
It’s not the most graceful site of me screaming and jumping but the whole family gets a good laugh at me. The last time, I almost peed my pants :/.
When you’re setting your goals, what you want to think with what your end goal is and how it’s going to help you get there.
For example, I want to create more content and use “content upgrades” to grow my list. So with videos, blog posts, etc, I’ll have a call to action for ALL of my blog posts.
I’m going to be creating 5 different free offers in each category I’ll be writing about. They will get you added to my funnel and it will help with retargeting.
- Working out – I’ve actually been doing this quite a bit. I’m down 3lbs total this month so I’ll take it! I’ve stopped giving myself an expectation around what I “need” to be doing and I’ve just done what has felt good for my body.
- Reading – I’ve slacked with reading. I’d love to read 5 – 10 pages per day
- Bedtime Routine – This is for the kids. They start school back Sept. 5th. With that said, I really want to focus on getting them back on a regular routine so that we aren’t struggling with it the week school starts.
- Game Nights – I’d love to have 3 or 4 game nights this month. They are fun and relaxing and it doesn’t involve a whole lotta stuff from us.
- Finish Two Funnels – I’ve started 2 funnels that I need to finish. My Design Your Day Funnel is almost done. I just need to upload the emails and record the PowerPoint. The freebies, opt-in and thank you pages are already done. The emails are already written. My FB Ads Funnel is done too, I just need to revamp it and start ads to it again
- Move over tasks from Asana to Teamwork – So we’ve made the switch. My OBM (online business manager) highly suggested it and after going back to it, I’m in love with it.
I have loved Asana (the free and paid version) for a really long time, but now that we are building out processes, systems and foundations.. I’m finding that Asana is just a task list right now and it doesn’t feel good to me with where I want to take my business.
With Teamwork, it’s just much easier for us to use. I will write up a review on what I like about it and what I don’t like about it, but if you want to get a free month of it and see how you like it, you can do that HERE. (PS – This is an affiliate link)
I think those two things will keep me plenty busy for the month on top of client launches and projects.
With that said, I didn’t want to overextend this month as it’s the last month before the kids go back to school and I want to savor the moments with them.
Also, over the last year I’ve felt myself evolving. Wanting to go deeper than just the surface stuff and so I’m trying to figure out a way to bridge the gap with what I do now and how to embody this change more.
I am feeling called to bring more femininity and divine goddess energy into my work. I’m not sure why, but we’ll see how that goes. I’ve never been super “feminine” or goddessy lol and yet, this tug has been there and I’ve not really let myself go there… yet.
Anyway… what are your goals for the month? I’d love to hear about them and how I can support you!
Oh… before I go, I’m testing out getting more personal (I’m talking meal prepping + family) and I wanted to keep it separate from this (for now).
You can get behind the scenes family life info here: A Cozy Inspired Life
You can continue to get Marketing, Mindset + Rituals here: Shay Hrobsky
Honestly, I was afraid to show up in two places, but for now, I feel called to share that aspect of our lives with you. I’ve had so many people ask me how I manage sports (for the kids), my business, family life and I wanted to give you a behind the scenes.
Alright.. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below and I’d love to hear your goals for August!